Erdeor
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Text Based Fantasy Role Play

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

In the Midst of Dwarves

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Ralaeth
High God
Ralaeth

In the Midst of Dwarves - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: In the Midst of Dwarves   In the Midst of Dwarves - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 3:20 am

Thoren rak Ingeitum wrote:
Now now, we aren't trying to argue with gods here, we're just trying to work out our society and all that such. I have no problems being antimythical and all that, I just thought we'd toss the idea out there and see what happens. obviously not an approved idea so we move on (although legendary items now begin my brain in motion....) Do you happen to have some ideas already for some legendary items or can we sort of craft them out of our brains and add them to what we're doing, possiblly having one legendary item per clan, or some sort of special warrior group that all have mythical weapons, or some other random thing that we think of to add some awesomeness and a little mythicalness without breaking the bounds of the dwarven society.

You could have a sect of master craftsmen who create these items. Super durable armor, blades which will never dull or become nicked and chipped, arrows that fly further. things like that.
Back to top Go down
https://ageofconflict.rpg-board.net

PostSubject: Re: In the Midst of Dwarves   In the Midst of Dwarves - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 4:43 pm

Then perhaps that should our next course of action in setting up such bounds with these Erdeor realm Dwarves. My idea as pertaining to this is maybe set it so that the very first Dwarven Paragon and/or High Cleric (if such a thing is allowed to exist in some other kind of manner than blatant magic) were the ones whom first created such legendary weapons and therefore the knowledge of that craft of such items pertains to just those of elite prestige and maybe that these weapons can only be forged and created in times of great need. With it having such strict limits, I would hope to prevent such outbreaks of GMing and/or PGing with such powerful relics.

And to go along with what was said by Thoren. These are only planning stages and the certainly is no need to argue with an Admin of the site. It is the Admins and Mods that did create this lore in the first place and they can do with it as they please. I encourage them to continue to participate in then and inform us if we overstep the bounds of their created Dwarves. Thanks and I hope will can resume the planning with Civility now.
Back to top Go down
Ralaeth
High God
Ralaeth

PostSubject: Re: In the Midst of Dwarves   In the Midst of Dwarves - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 5:20 pm

ekksvar rak ingeitum wrote:
Then perhaps that should our next course of action in setting up such bounds with these Erdeor realm Dwarves. My idea as pertaining to this is maybe set it so that the very first Dwarven Paragon and/or High Cleric (if such a thing is allowed to exist in some other kind of manner than blatant magic) were the ones whom first created such legendary weapons and therefore the knowledge of that craft of such items pertains to just those of elite prestige and maybe that these weapons can only be forged and created in times of great need. With it having such strict limits, I would hope to prevent such outbreaks of GMing and/or PGing with such powerful relics.

And to go along with what was said by Thoren. These are only planning stages and the certainly is no need to argue with an Admin of the site. It is the Admins and Mods that did create this lore in the first place and they can do with it as they please. I encourage them to continue to participate in then and inform us if we overstep the bounds of their created Dwarves. Thanks and I hope will can resume the planning with Civility now.

Not sure what your plan is for paragon, but there aren't really any clerics or equivalents. The respected members of Dwarf Society are particularly famous warriors, particularly skilled craftsmen, and the rulers themselves, both the High King, and the lesser Kings.

Dwarves value skill, their society is very fluid. If you are very good at what you do, even if you were born into a family of low repute, you can use your skill and prowess to become respected and honored.
Back to top Go down
Thoren rak Ingeitum

Thoren rak Ingeitum

PostSubject: Re: In the Midst of Dwarves   In the Midst of Dwarves - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 7:00 pm

Essentially the Paragon is the High King, just a sort of different term for it. As far as the legendary items go I'm thinking that we have a certain number of them given to a certain number of very skilled warrior dwarves that act like "dwarven guardians" basically our most skilled warriors/generals. like an elite group of warriors, possibly one from each clan?
Back to top Go down
Ralaeth
High God
Ralaeth

PostSubject: Re: In the Midst of Dwarves   In the Midst of Dwarves - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 7:57 pm

Thoren rak Ingeitum wrote:
Essentially the Paragon is the High King, just a sort of different term for it. As far as the legendary items go I'm thinking that we have a certain number of them given to a certain number of very skilled warrior dwarves that act like "dwarven guardians" basically our most skilled warriors/generals. like an elite group of warriors, possibly one from each clan?

Where did you get this whole Paragon term, I'm just curious.

Dwarves have:

High King - Leader of all dwarves.
Kings - Rulers of the various major Dwarven settlements throughout the mountains. Each major settlement has one king. The kings select from their own number the high king.
Lords - rulers of smaller settlements
Warriors - self explanatory, all dwarves can be warriors. Warriors who make a name for themselves in battle are highly respected.
Craftsmen - skilled manufacturers of assorted items. The most skilled craftsman are highly respected, and their works are sometimes looked upon as functional art.
Laborers - the basic, average dwarf. Hard workers, while individually they are not idolized, their work ethic is respected. Though they are not as glamorous they are not looked down upon either.
Merchants - Tradesmen who deal in import and export, not very well respected because they do not produce anything themselves.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: In the Midst of Dwarves   In the Midst of Dwarves - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 12:07 am

Sorry, Ralaeth, but I can vouch that we were improvising as that bit of information you just added is, or was, nowhere to be found on the site. Honestly, I don't think any of us would have gone this far into trying to sort out this stuff had that information been available to us prior.
Back to top Go down
Thoren rak Ingeitum

Thoren rak Ingeitum

PostSubject: Re: In the Midst of Dwarves   In the Midst of Dwarves - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 12:28 am

Yeah we aren't trying to cause any disrespect. We just didn't have a lot of information when we started talking about this stuff. We aren't trying to cause any issues, just trying to let the creative juices flow a little bit so we could get writing and have some fun.
Back to top Go down
Ralaeth
High God
Ralaeth

PostSubject: Re: In the Midst of Dwarves   In the Midst of Dwarves - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 12:31 am

No worries guys, this is all collaborative after all. I know I'm being a bit stiff, but I don't mind a bit of creativity so long as I can reel it back in should it go too far afield. I am glad you are all excited about the dwarf race.
Back to top Go down
Thoren rak Ingeitum

Thoren rak Ingeitum

PostSubject: Re: In the Midst of Dwarves   In the Midst of Dwarves - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 12:36 am

I don't think most of what we've done has been too far off (well some but not all). Personally I kind of liked out idea of the seperate clans who sort of have certain specialties. And the Paragon can be replaced back to High King, although I think Paragon sounds cooler/lets it be sort of it's own thing if you know what I'm saying.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: In the Midst of Dwarves   In the Midst of Dwarves - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

In the Midst of Dwarves
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Erdeor :: OOC Discussion :: Storyline Seekers-
Jump to: