Erdeor
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Text Based Fantasy Role Play

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Wildgrowth Forest

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Isis Ariyth

Isis Ariyth

Wildgrowth Forest - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wildgrowth Forest   Wildgrowth Forest - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 2:12 am

"As you have presumed to know mine."

*She whipped back at him quickly, a dangerous edge creeping into her voice. She had never known anyone to get her hackles up and to keep them up for so long. This man would test the vows she took to never strike with intention to do harm first. Cera give her strength.*
Back to top Go down
Rulkim Ice-Shod

Rulkim Ice-Shod

PostSubject: Re: Wildgrowth Forest   Wildgrowth Forest - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 10:03 pm

*Rulkim shakes his head again*

What is there to know? Silbaran elf, pretentious, pampered, city dwelling chosen of the runt-god Cera.
Back to top Go down
Isis Ariyth

Isis Ariyth

PostSubject: Re: Wildgrowth Forest   Wildgrowth Forest - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 10:11 pm

*With a high-pitched whisper of steel, Isis turned suddenly on the Orc, pressing the point of her still humming blade against Rulkim's jugular.*

"Such blasphemous talk is enough of an excuse for me to kill you in service to my calling as a holy knight. I only stay my hand in deference to your assistance earlier, unrequested as it was."
Back to top Go down
Rulkim Ice-Shod

Rulkim Ice-Shod

PostSubject: Re: Wildgrowth Forest   Wildgrowth Forest - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 10:18 pm

*Rulkim turns from the elf, showing little concern for her blade*

You prove my point. Needlessly sensitive about your manners and niceties. You may not like it, but surely you do know Cera was the third and least powerful god. By rights to any orc, the smallest of a litter is a runt. Simply another challenge to overcome.
Back to top Go down
Isis Ariyth

Isis Ariyth

PostSubject: Re: Wildgrowth Forest   Wildgrowth Forest - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 10:28 pm

*Isis growled in her throat, muttering to herself.*

"If only I were less devout..."

*She addressed him further as she once more sheathed the blade to the scabbard at her thigh.*

"Your hypocrisy is abhorrent. You do not hesitate to criticize my race or the goddess, but could hardly take a word against yours without becoming 'needlessly sensitive' yourself. Despite your size, Rulkim, you are in fact weak and small."
Back to top Go down
Rulkim Ice-Shod

Rulkim Ice-Shod

PostSubject: Re: Wildgrowth Forest   Wildgrowth Forest - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 10:31 pm

*Rulkim continues forward on their path, not pausing or turning as he speaks.*

Speak as you wish about Ralaeth, he can protect his own honor. To speak against my people or my ancestors, questions my strength. Surely a educated elf understands I have to protect my own honor and that of my clan.
Back to top Go down
Isis Ariyth

Isis Ariyth

PostSubject: Re: Wildgrowth Forest   Wildgrowth Forest - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 10:41 pm

"But when I do the same, it is 'needlessly sensitive.' Perhaps we should just walk in silence, if you are going to insist upon travelling as a pair. It would make this a lot more pleasant."

*She flicked her damp hair out of her eyes, a habit that was becoming a notable tell of haughty irritation. Though the rain had stopped, the soggy ground was making it no easier for her to traverse, particularly when she was working on a sleepless night of weary travel. She pressed her lips firmly together, determined not to slow for anything. The sooner they were out of these woods, the sooner she could rid herself of this intolerable companion.*

Back to top Go down
Rulkim Ice-Shod

Rulkim Ice-Shod

PostSubject: Re: Wildgrowth Forest   Wildgrowth Forest - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 10:47 pm

*Rulkim grumbles, elf was so sensitive. Posturing and bluffing were a common social activity among Orcs, Rulkim was not used to someone who took it so seriously.*

Well if you want to part ways, it is not long before we have nearly reached Stonedale. You can go about your business in the city, and I can find my own people in the orc slum.
Back to top Go down
Isis Ariyth

Isis Ariyth

PostSubject: Re: Wildgrowth Forest   Wildgrowth Forest - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 11:34 pm

"By the White Lion's tooth I'd love to part ways, but the "Ethereal Planes" of the gods are not even far enough to part me from you. So, you might as well stay right where you are by my side for all of the relief it will give me."

*It was nearly dawn by the time they had broken through the cover of trees, just at the foothills of the Gremit Mountains. Stonedale rested another day's march to the Northeast, while Lyramor was a few days further to the West. Without warning, Isis collapsed onto a flat rock that jutted from the hilly ground, pulling one long riding boot free from her blistered foot. She rubbed the swollen appendage between her hands with a barely suppressed groan.*

"Do you think it'd be safe for us to make camp for a few hours?"

*She grimaced, not from the pain in her feet but from the derision she knew she would receive from the admittedly hardier Orc.*

"...I...could use a breather."
Back to top Go down
Rulkim Ice-Shod

Rulkim Ice-Shod

PostSubject: Re: Wildgrowth Forest   Wildgrowth Forest - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 11:40 pm

*Rulkim looks around, assessing the terrain*

I would prefer it if we could bank up at least three fires, bright flame makes goblins wary. The rain prevents that though. We will have to rely on numbers to dissuade them. Two travelers are more secure than lone individuals, besides it is not long till dawn.
Back to top Go down
Isis Ariyth

Isis Ariyth

PostSubject: Re: Wildgrowth Forest   Wildgrowth Forest - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 11:54 pm

*She flashed a wry grin, somewhat relieved that there were no remarks forthcoming about her lack of physical endurance.*

"You keep insisting on numbers. Maybe you're just looking for an excuse to stick around."

*Isis removed her other boot, then languidly stretched out on the damp ground, folding her arms behind her head. It would muck up her armor and pale hair, but without her packs, she had few alternatives. She closed her eyes and listened to the sounds of early morning.*
Back to top Go down
Rulkim Ice-Shod

Rulkim Ice-Shod

PostSubject: Re: Wildgrowth Forest   Wildgrowth Forest - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2012 12:00 am

*By the tone in which Rulkim responds, it is difficult to tell if he is serious or speaking in jest.*

As I said, I like to stay near bait for larger game. Lame prey makes good bait.

*Rulkim rummages through one of the bags at his waist and tosses a small pouch on the ground near the elf.*

For your feet.
Back to top Go down
Isis Ariyth

Isis Ariyth

PostSubject: Re: Wildgrowth Forest   Wildgrowth Forest - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2012 12:09 am

*Isis opened one eye at the sound of the pouch making impact near her shoulder, then the other to look questioningly at the Orc as he spoke. Pushing herself up onto her elbows, she pulled open the pouch and peered within. She pinched the powdery substance between two fingers and lifted it up with a single silver brow raised high.*

"What's this...?"
Back to top Go down
Rulkim Ice-Shod

Rulkim Ice-Shod

PostSubject: Re: Wildgrowth Forest   Wildgrowth Forest - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2012 12:14 am

*Rulkim eases himself onto the ground before he responds*

Crushed leaves, desert salts, and Minotaur dung. Mix it with water to make a paste and put it on your feet. It will heal open blisters and dry those that are still intact. Good for long journeys on foot.
Back to top Go down
Isis Ariyth

Isis Ariyth

PostSubject: Re: Wildgrowth Forest   Wildgrowth Forest - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2012 12:27 am

"Uh....great."

*It was a strained sort of gratitude, but a genuine effort as she resisted the temptation to brush her hand against her breeches. Well, she was already covered in goblin blood and smelled like Orc. This was hardly any worse. She cupped the fine powder in her hand and squeezed some rain water from the surrounding moss, then proceeded to rub the paste on her feet.*

"So how long have you been wandering Alaria on your own, Rulkim?"
Back to top Go down
Rulkim Ice-Shod

Rulkim Ice-Shod

PostSubject: Re: Wildgrowth Forest   Wildgrowth Forest - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2012 12:33 am

*Rulkim thinks back, trying to pin down the actual number of years. Orc's considered time differently than most other races, who sought to compartmentalize it. For Orcs, time simply was.*

Ten years or so, with the occasional return to my village. Give me your boots.
Back to top Go down
Isis Ariyth

Isis Ariyth

PostSubject: Re: Wildgrowth Forest   Wildgrowth Forest - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2012 12:37 am

"Long time, no wonder you're such an ill-mannered brute."

*She removed one hand from her foot as the other continued to rub in order to grab hold of her boots and toss them unceremoniously to the Orc.*

"I thought I already told you nothing of mine was going to fit you, least of all those hill-giant feet of yours."
Back to top Go down
Rulkim Ice-Shod

Rulkim Ice-Shod

PostSubject: Re: Wildgrowth Forest   Wildgrowth Forest - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2012 12:41 am

*Rulkim regards her momentarily before speaking.*

Really, I was always considered quite social with outsiders.

*The orc does not wait to see how the elf responds to his attempted joke before he lifts one boot. Using his knife, Rulkim drives a slit through the base near the toe, and another through the heel*
Back to top Go down
Isis Ariyth

Isis Ariyth

PostSubject: Re: Wildgrowth Forest   Wildgrowth Forest - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2012 12:45 am

*Isis hissed in a sharp gasp and dove for her boots, making a grab for both her footwear and Rulkim's hand that gripped the small blade.*

"Stop, stop! What are you doing? Those are some of the finest riding boots in all of Lyramor!"
Back to top Go down
Rulkim Ice-Shod

Rulkim Ice-Shod

PostSubject: Re: Wildgrowth Forest   Wildgrowth Forest - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2012 12:56 am

*Rulkim pauses watching the elf with confusion.*

Are you really this sheltered. You need walking boots. If we don't slice vents, moisture will gather around your feet and they will rot while you are still on them. Riding boots do you no good unless you happen to have another beast of burden available, and don't even try looking at me.
Back to top Go down
Isis Ariyth

Isis Ariyth

PostSubject: Re: Wildgrowth Forest   Wildgrowth Forest - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2012 1:05 am

*Her jaw dropped as she stared at Rulkim in horror, first because of what he had done to her boots, and a second time when he inspired the imagery of actually riding atop his back. Gradually, a resigned look of loss and acceptance had her withdrawing her hands from his. They really were very fine boots, once.*

"...Nothing wrong with appreciating the finer things in life."

*She curled her knees up to her chest, her eyes fixed on the ruined boots in the Orc's paws.*
Back to top Go down
Rulkim Ice-Shod

Rulkim Ice-Shod

PostSubject: Re: Wildgrowth Forest   Wildgrowth Forest - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2012 1:07 am

*Rulkim quickly modifies the second boot as well before passing them back to the elf.*

Unless the finer things cost you your feet. One day without breathing is all it takes for your feet to rot in some climates.
Back to top Go down
Isis Ariyth

Isis Ariyth

PostSubject: Re: Wildgrowth Forest   Wildgrowth Forest - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2012 1:14 am

"...and this is of concern to you why?"

*She accepted the boots, briefly inspecting the damage before stretching back out on her side and resting her head on the back of her hand. Her narrowed eyes were scrutinizing on the Orc, or perhaps she was merely glaring at him.*
Back to top Go down
Rulkim Ice-Shod

Rulkim Ice-Shod

PostSubject: Re: Wildgrowth Forest   Wildgrowth Forest - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2012 1:17 am

*Rulkim looks at her for a moment, unsure if she really didn't understand the reason for his instruction.*

I don't want to have to carry a half-decaying elf up to the gates of Stonedale. They dislike me enough without bringing some wounded Silbaran into matters.
Back to top Go down
Isis Ariyth

Isis Ariyth

PostSubject: Re: Wildgrowth Forest   Wildgrowth Forest - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2012 1:22 am

*Isis waved her hand dismissively in the air, as though the solution were obvious.*

"Then don't bring me at all. I'm not your responsibility."

*She rolled onto her back, folding her arms once more behind her head and drawing her brows together in irritation. What was it with this guy, anyway? If this was what her silly empty-headed sister knights always spoke of when dreaming of chivalry and heroics, they could keep it. Being rescued felt just about the same as being insulted non-stop.*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wildgrowth Forest   Wildgrowth Forest - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wildgrowth Forest
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next